Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

Happy Birthday...Happy List


What made my birthday really happy? Let me count the ways and list them here:

1. I turn 35 this year…and am still very much alive!!! Thank God for another breathe of life and for the chance of experiencing life in a country new to us.

2. I got my Maple Leaf Card (Permanent Residence Card) right on my birthday. A coincidence? No, it’s God’s amazing grace!

3. I silently wished for a bouquet of flowers and I got one! Nope, not from hubby. He still can’t find in his heart the understanding, I believe, of my placing the bunch of red roses he gave me 13 years ago (that long!!!!, and he can’t move on???)) in the washroom when all I thought was those flowers really made a good ambience there. Anyways, thank you Mckenna family for the exquisite flowers. I had them on the dining table and not anywhere else; I don’t want to commit the same “flower-folly” I did 13 years ago…hahaha!

4. I got loved ones, relatives, and kabayans here who slaved themselves in the kitchen (thankfully, not one of them burnt nor sliced a thumb!) to do some cooking and baking:

Uncle Ernie and Auntie Gemma: Gracias for the yummy cheesecake, lasagna, and muffins!

Ate Nene and family: Salamat for the traditional Pinoy pansit!

Ate Vicky: Your cottage cheese was truly a “bite-ful”!

Sis Sahlee: You are a superb party organizer and planner!

Sis Gelay: What’s in your fingers that you could do the most perfect slice of embutido?

“Ex-bf “ Ric: Those pork and beef barbecues were great even they were just oven-cooked!”

5. I got birthday cards as well as gifts–just when I thought I was overage for those stuffs!—Uhum! Thanks Pravlee, Banjojie, Aunt Therry, Acuna family, Aunt Gem & Uncle Ernie, Kuya Supremio and family, and Mckenna family (You guys could surely hear the whisper of the wind! Those Chapter Indigo gift cards were also “silently wished for”!).

6. Lastly, I got cybergreetings from kaberks and relatives: Meren clan, Alma May, Joy, Rodz, Lea, Leoda, Jon, Agatha, Andi, Johmy, Beespunky, Lala, Mitzie, Glyn, Sucy, Pauleen, Lourdes, Zia. Thanks for remembering!

Can’t help but look forward to another happy birthday next year. And so I better start count the days now…

No comments:

Post a Comment